If you haven’t done “the podcast thing,” then you really ought to. There is so much great (and free) content out there, that you’d be a fool not to take advantage of it. I’ve spent some time recently hunting down web-related podcasts that would help me better learn and follow the pulse of my industry. It has been an easy way for me to discover what the big challenges are and learn about the technologies that are rising to solve them. I have also learned about the movers and shakers in the industry and listened their big ideas (without having to throw down $1240 for a conference ticket). Did I mention it was free?
So without further ado, here is my short-list of winners:
- The Web Ahead - I’ve learned so much from this podcast. Currently my favorite. It’s delightfully dense.
- The Changelog - A podcast of conversations with influencers in the world of open source. I tend to pick and choose the ones I’m most interested in, and I haven’t been disappointed yet.
- Drupalize.me - One of the best ones out there on Drupal Topics.
- Insert Content Here - A podcast on topics relating to content strategy. It’s really quite good for a change of pace.
- This Developer’s Life: A podcast focusing on the life and culture of being a developer, rather than the technology. Lots of interesting episodes if you go back deep in their backlog.
- The Big Web Show - …also known as, Jeffrey Zeldman talks to lots of different web people about the web industry. Nothing revolutionary here, but it’s been good.
This list is going to grow. I’m still looking for some good design-focused ones (I’ve searched around but haven’t found much… I’m pretty picky), so let me know if you have any recommendations.