It isn’t just the dollars and cents on the price tag. Yes, that’s the upfront cost, but if you base your purchases on that alone, you may be in for a sour deal.
Have you considered:
- The cost on the environment
- The cost on your health, or potential health risk
- The cost of your effort every time you need to move it
- The cost of it forcing you to exert mental energy
- The cost of future time that you will spend using it
- The ongoing cost of it taking up space in your house
- The ongoing cost of maintenance
- The ongoing cost of cleaning
- The ongoing cost of keeping it organized
- The ongoing cost of it distracting you
- The ongoing cost of it worrying you
- The tolls of all these costs on your friends, family, and neighbors
When I think of the total cost, it’s hard for me to find much that is worth buying.